As an ASCL Premier Partner, we have been providing expert financial advice to members since 2007. We can guide you through those times in life when you need to address financial issues – be it looking to buy a property, starting a family, saving for your future or planning for retirement we are here to help. Importantly, we can help you understand how changes in the workplace, amendments to teachers’ pension provisions and reviews to working practices may affect you. After all, in the current economic climate it makes sense to have your finances in order.
Receive a no obligation initial consultation
As a member you are entitled to a complimentary, no obligation consultation from Lighthouse Group Financial Solutions. One of our qualified advisers will ask you about your circumstances and objectives to establish whether you could benefit from advice. Use the online form below to request a consultation.
As you would expect from ASCL’s Premier Partner for financial advice, we understand how the teachers’ pension scheme works, and can explain what provision you already have and how you could supplement this.
- Will your pension scheme provide you with adequate income in retirement?
- Have you considered other tax-efficient ways of boosting your income in retirement?
- Do you have old pension funds, such as AVCs, FSAVCs or private pensions? If so, are they on track to provide the pension you expect?
- Can you afford to retire early? What impact would this have on your pension in later life?
- Should you take a tax-free lump sum?
- Do you need fixed or variable income in retirement?
About to retire? It pays to shop around for your annuity: Find out more here.
Our advisers, backed by the extensive knowledge and experience of Lighthouse Group, one of the best-respected financial advice companies in the UK, are able to provide you with advice on all areas of financial planning, including:
- Assurance and protection: so you and your family don’t suffer financially should the worst happen
- Pensions and retirement: taking advantage of the options available to you to enjoy a comfortable retirement
- Savings and investments: putting your spare cash to good use to build and conserve wealth tax-efficiently
- Mortgages: many people pay more than they need to. Are you one of them?
Planning for retirement seminars: We regularly run seminars about planning for retirement exclusively for ASCL members. At the events we highlight the issues members approaching retirement need to consider and explain the various options open to them.
Understanding your pension seminars: These 30 minute sessions, held free of charge in schools on inset days or at staff meetings, give an overview to all staff (teaching and non-teaching) of historic, current and likely future changes to their pensions, so they are fully informed of how their schemes work and what action to take should there be changes.
Would your staff benefit from attending a seminar on financial issues such as:
- planning for retirement
- income and wealth preservation
- savings and investments?
If so, we would be pleased to organise this, free of charge, in your school or college. Alternatively, you may prefer to hold a surgery, where members book 30-minute, individual, confidential consultations with one of our experienced financial advisers. View forthcoming events.
Important Information: The value of your investments can go down as well as up, so you could get less than you invested. The value of your income from your investment can go down as well as up. Tax advice which contains no investment element is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. A pension is a long term investment. The fund value may fluctuate and go down. Your eventual income may depend upon the size of the fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation.
Who are Lighthouse?
Lighthouse provides financial advice to personal and corporate clients through specialist advisers located throughout the UK.View more about Lighthouse